Spicy-Sweet Glazed Bacon
What’s better than a crispy strip of bacon? A crispy strip of bacon dusted with an irresistible combination of brown sugar and spice, of course!
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 slices bacon
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, light or dark
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with foil; set metal rack over foil.
- Arrange bacon on rack so strips are close but not touching. In small bowl, combine brown sugar, black pepper and cayenne; set aside.
- Bake bacon until starting to sizzle and brown, 10 minutes. Use tongs to flip strips; sprinkle sugar mixture over top. Continue baking until caramelized, 8–10 minutes (safe internal temp. 145°F). Let rest 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or room temperature, refrigerating any leftovers.