Spicy Sweet Potato Soup
Succulent sweet potatoes provide a vibrant flavor and color to this delectably sweet and spicy soup.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. all-natural sea salt
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, add water.
- Peel sweet potatoes, rinse thoroughly, and cut into ¼" slices.
- Add sweet potato slices to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until sweet potatoes are fork tender, about 15–20 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve water from pot in a separate measuring cup.
- Sprinkle sweet potatoes with ¼ teaspoon of the cayenne, and add ¼ cup of removed water back to pot. Using an immersion blender, emulsify potatoes, adding removed water as needed until desired thickness is achieved. While emulsifying, add remaining cayenne and salt.