Spicy, Sweet, and Tangy Barbecue Sauce
Fat-free and absolutely amazing, this authentic-tasting barbecue sauce is perfect for all of your grilling, basting, and dipping needs. If stored in the refrigerator, this recipe will keep well for a week. For longer-term storage, seal in a freezer-safe container and thaw before use.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cayenne
- Combine ingredients in a medium saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a clean lidded jar. Refrigerate and use within a week.