Spicy Thai Beef Salad with Mint
The soy sauce in this recipe negates the need to season the meat with salt. The spicy dressing recipe is great for any type of grilled meat.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 fresh red or green Thai chilies, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 4 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 3 cups mixed green salad or romaine lettuce
- ½ cup sliced cucumber
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- Marinate beef with soy sauce and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Crush the chilies and garlic with a mortar and pestle to a coarse paste. Add fish sauce, lime juice, honey, and sugar to the chili and garlic paste. Alternatively, put all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until chilies and garlic are chopped into small pieces, about 10 seconds.
- Grill steak to desired doneness. Let rest briefly, then slice beef and add to bowl with dressing. Combine salad ingredients and divide onto plates. Top with beef and dressing mixture.