Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
To make this even spicier, you could add a minced jalapeño pepper, or some crushed red pepper flakes if you have some on hand.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16 oz.) spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup peanut halves
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package directions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat sesame oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Add red bell pepper and cook 2 more minutes. Add stock, peanut butter, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, cayenne pepper, and peanuts to onions. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- When pasta is done, drain, reserving 1⁄2 cup pasta cooking water. Add pasta to saucepan; cook and stir until pasta is coated, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add reserving cooking water as needed to make a smooth sauce. Serve immediately.