Spicy Turkey and Spinach Bites
These better-for-you bites are a delicious, energizing snack!
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth™ Italian Extra Virgin Oil
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth™ Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper powder
- 6 cups Simple Truth™ Baby Spinach
- 1 pound Simple Truth™ Natural Ground Turkey or Chicken
- 3 Simple Truth™ Cage Free Large Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Finely Shredded Mexican Style Cheese
- 1/2 cup Paleo Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth™ Chipotle Pepper Hot Sauce
- Salsa (optional dip)
- Sour cream (optional dip)
- Paleo ranch dressing (optional dip)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and add the onion, garlic, chili powder and chipotle powder and cook until onion is softened. Stir in the baby spinach and cover for 2-3 minutes until the spinach is completely wilted. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool thoroughly.
- Lightly oil a mini-muffin tin. Add the ground poultry, eggs and cheese to the cooled spinach mixture and scoop into mini-muffin tins. Bake for 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove the bites from the muffin tins and serve with a dip made by mixing mayonnaise, green onion and hot sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.