Spicy Turkey Chili with Chocolate
The combination of smoky chipotle chilies and sweet chocolate adds a deep, rich flavor to any chili.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp. all-purpose seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Splenda brown sugar substitute
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 cups canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sugar-free chocolate syrup
- Coat a large saucepan with nonstick spray. On medium-high heat, brown ground turkey with bell peppers, onions, garlic, and all-purpose seasoning, for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes.