Spicy Vegetarian Stew
A bowl of stew wouldnʼt be complete without a dipper. Tortilla chips, sourdough bread, and crusty French or Italian bread are all good choices, Or, serve the stew on hamburger buns or rolls to create your own version of “Vegetarian Sloppy Joes.”
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped small
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 4 cups drained kidney beans
- 2 cups drained chickpeas
- 3 cups drained canned French green beans
- 5 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 tsp. dehydrated minced onion
- 5 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- Combine the potatoes, carrots, kidney beans, chickpeas, green beans, tomato sauce, and vegetable broth in a large saucepan. Stir in the minced onion, chili powder, ground cumin, and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for approximately 1 hour or until the vegetables are tender. Taste and adjust the seasoning if desired.