Spiked Vegan Eggnog
This recipe can easily be adapted to fit your own personal taste. Some folks enjoy their ‘nog super sweet or with a lot of nutmeg, while others could do with less. In order to tailor the beverage to your palate, start with fewer dates, less nutmeg or less alcohol — you can always add more!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked and drained
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 can (14 oz.) Simple Truth™ Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 8 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Private Selection™ Ground Nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons spiced rum, optional
- 1 tablespoon Kahlúa® Original Coffee Liqueur, optional
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours. Drain the water and place the cashews in a high-powered blender, along with 2 cups of new cold water, and blend on high for 2-3 minutes or until mixture is completely smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the eggnog and blend until smooth. Taste eggnog for flavor, and add more rum, liqueur, nutmeg, dates or pure maple syrup to taste.
- Serve chilled and enjoy. Refrigerate leftovers in a sealed jar for up to 5 days.