Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna Rolls
These spinach and artichoke lasagna rolls combine two popular comfort foods – spinach and artichoke dip and lasagna – in one quick and easy dish. It’s a simple dinner you can make in under an hour that is sure to be a new family favorite!
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked
- For the lasagna rolls: Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package.
- While lasagna noodles are cooking, make your sauce and filling.
- For the sauce: Heat large saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Add butter and garlic and stir around for 30 seconds or until butter melts.
- Add mushrooms to garlic butter mixture. Sprinkle thyme over mushrooms and stir for 5-6 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add flour over mushroom mixture and stir briefly then add vegetable broth and cream then stir until well combined.
- Bring to a boil then decrease heat to low and simmer uncovered for five minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Pour half the sauce in a 9”x13” baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick baking spray.
- For the filling: Combine spinach, ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, artichoke hearts, salt, nutmeg and cream cheese in food processor and pulse until all in-gredients are mixed into a thick filling.
- Once noodles are cooked, lay each individual noodle out flat on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Place ½ tablespoon of filling on one side of each lasagna noodle and spread out across the lasagna noodle using a butter knife or flat spatula.
- Start at one side of the noodle and roll into a tight roll. Place the roll on top of the sauce in the 9”x13” baking dish.
- Repeat with all 12 lasagna rolls then cover rolls with remaining half of the sauce.
- Top sauce with remaining ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered in foil then remove from foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and slightly browned.