Spinach and Raspberry Salad with Glazed Almonds
Glazed toasted almonds add crunch and a nutty flavor to this colorful spring salad.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1/3 cup slivered blanched almonds
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 6 ounces ready-to-use baby spinach leaves
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In small nonstick skillet, combine almonds and 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until sugar melts and coats the almonds and almonds are golden brown, stirring frequently. Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- In small bowl, beat vinegar, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, salt and mustard with wire whisk until blended. Whisk in oil until thick and well blended. Stir in poppy seed.
- In large shallow bowl, toss spinach with dressing. Top with raspberries, green onions and almonds. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers.