Spinach and Artichoke Casserole
This spinach and artichoke casserole turns a popular creamy appetizer into a luscious side dish. Topped with bubbly cheese, it’s a great accompaniment for holiday meals as well as everyday dinners.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free wild rice
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 10 oz. fresh spinach, stems removed
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8" × 8" baking dish with gluten-free nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a rapid boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add rice and salt. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon butter.
- While rice cooks, heat remaining butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add artichokes and spinach and cook until spinach starts to wilt, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in eggs, milk, heavy cream, sour cream, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Cook about 2 minutes and stir in the rice.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with cheeses and pine nuts.
- Bake for about 8 minutes until cheese is melted.