Spinach-Artichoke Dip with Stacy's® Pretzel Thins
This quick and delicious Spinach-Artichoke Dip may just be the perfect addition to your New Year’s Eve celebration. Whether you’re hosting a get-together with friends or welcoming the New Year quietly at home, the hot, cheesy goodness of this dip is even more scrumptious served alongside Stacy's® Pretzel Thins.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated (plus more to sprinkle over the top)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 bag (7 oz.) Stacy's® Pretzel Thins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Remove spinach and garlic from skillet; set aside.
- Add artichoke hearts to the skillet and heat until liquid is cooked off and artichokes deepen in color. Remove artichokes from skillet and chop; set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the other tablespoon of butter and stir in 1 tablespoon of flour until it makes a paste. Pour in milk and stir, cooking until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese, as well as a dash of cayenne pepper. Stir until all cheeses are melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy. Add chopped artichokes and spinach to the sauce; stir.
- Add additional Monterey Jack cheese over the top and place in oven. Bake uncovered for 12-15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and dip is a light golden brown. (Note: If you are not using a cast iron skillet, place the dip in a 9”x9” baking dish before adding it to the oven).
- Serve warm and enjoy with Stacy's® Pretzel Thins.