Spinach Artichoke Lasagna
Take your favorite appetizer – spinach artichoke dip – and turn it into dinner with this lasagna recipe.
Serves: 12Prep: 30 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 package (16-oz.) lasagna noodles
- 2 packages (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups half & half
- 2 packages (10-oz.) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cans (14-oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter or spray 9”x13” baking dish; set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions to al dente. Drain; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, half & half, spinach, artichokes, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.
- In prepared pan, spread about 1 cup of the spinach mixture in a thin layer on bottom. Top with a single layer of noodles, dollop with 1/3 spinach artichoke mixture, half the chicken and 1/3 mozzarella cheese. Add another layer of pasta, 1/3 spinach artichoke mixture, remaining chicken and 1/3 mozzarella cheese. Add another layer of pasta, then the remaining spinach artichoke mixture and remaining cheese.
- Cover pan with foil; bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 10-15 minutes until brown around edges. Allow to rest 10-15 minutes before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: A rotisserie chicken from the deli section of the store is a quick and easy way to get cooked chicken for this recipe.