Spinach Caesar Salad with Chicken Strips
Hail Caesar! This classic salad gets a modern twist with spinach, hardboiled eggs and baked chicken strips.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Simple Truth™ Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 Simple Truth Organic™ Cage Free Large Brown Eggs, hardboiled, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Unfiltered Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 baguette, cut into cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 cups Simple Truth™ Baby Spinach
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken breasts on one side of a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until fully cooked and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss baguette cubes with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Spread croutons on another baking sheet. When chicken has 8 minutes left, add baguettes to oven.
- Remove both chicken and croutons from oven. When chicken is cool, cut into strips.
- Using a blender, mix lemon juice, garlic and mustard and blend until smooth. Add olive oil in a thin stream. Add half of cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- In the same bowl used for baguettes, toss spinach with dressing, croutons and chicken strips. Top with egg slices and remaining cheese. Season with salt and pepper (to taste) before serving.