Spinach-and-Cheese-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
These stuffed baked potatoes are brightened by the addition of a lemon sauce.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Idaho or Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and moisture squeezed out
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup grated white American cheese
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 egg yolks
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the potatoes for 40 minutes. Then cool the potatoes and split them in half lengthwise.
- Spoon out the insides of the potatoes and place in a bowl; add the spinach. Stir in the sour cream and nutmeg. Add the American cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Restuff the potato skins. Bake for another 20 minutes.
- In a blender, whirl egg yolks and slowly add butter until combined. Add lemon juice and stir. Sauce should be thick, but still pourable.
- Serve potatoes drizzled with sauce.