Spinach and Dill Soup
This simple soup is perfect for a before-dinner appetizer or a light lunch.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1½ tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. salt
- 6 cups water
- 2 packages (10 oz.) frozen spinach, defrosted
- ½ cup fresh minced dill
- ¼ cup fresh minced basil leaves
- ½ cup sour cream
- In a soup pot, combine the potatoes, onion, garlic, salt, and water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Using a blender or food processor, purée the potato mixture along with the spinach, dill, and basil. Return to the pot and heat slowly and thoroughly.
- Garnish each serving with a spoonful of sour cream.