Spinach and Feta Pie
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pie crust (9 inches), prebaked 5 minutes at 375°F
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups light cream
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wash and stem the spinach; steam the spinach until wilted. Squeeze out excess water, and chop. Heat the olive oil and sauté the onion in the oil until golden. Toss with the spinach. Mix the Swiss cheese with the onion and spinach.
- Mix the eggs, cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and Parmesan cheese in a blender on medium-high for 1 minute.
- Spread the spinach-cheese mixture on the crust. Top with tomatoes and Feta cheese. Pour on the egg mixture over the tomatoes, making sure it soaks through to the crust. Use your fingers or a spoon to spread. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the pie comes out clean. Serve hot or at room temperature.