Seasonings such as nutmeg, lemon juice, and lemon zest all marry well with spinach.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups tomato sauce
- ½ lb. box whole-wheat lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cups chopped cooked spinach
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil a loaf pan and spread ½ cup tomato sauce on the bottom. Cover the sauce with a layer of cooked noodles.
- In a bowl combine the eggs, ricotta, and ½ cup mozzarella cheese until well blended. Stir in the spinach, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Spread half of the ricotta mixture over the noodles in the pan, then top the ricotta with a layer of noodles.
- Spread the remaining ricotta mixture over the noodles. Top with another layer of noodles. Ladle the tomato sauce over the noodles.
- Scatter the remaining mozzarella cheese over the sauce, then sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over it. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.