This is one of the easiest stuffed pasta dishes you can make, jumbo stuffed shells or cannelloni also work for this recipe.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 8 manicotti shells
- 6 oz. fresh spinach leaves, washed
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the manicotti shells according to the package directions. Pick the stems from the spinach leaves. Steam or sauté spinach until just wilted.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt, and pepper; stir in the spinach.
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Stuff the shells lightly using a pastry bag or spoon; nestle into a lightly greased 8" × 11" baking dish. Pour the sauce over all; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered 30–40 minutes, until sauce is bubbly around the edges and cheese is well-browned on top.