Spinach and Matzo Fritatta
This healthy breakfast is extra fillings thanks to the matzo and makes a great way to start your day.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 packages (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 3 matzo crackers
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Heat the spinach in a saucepan with the water until completely thawed. Strain the spinach, reserving 1⁄2 the liquid.
- Beat the eggs and set aside. Crumble the matzo into a medium-sized mixing bowl and pour the spinach and the remaining liquid over them. Mix thoroughly until the matzo are softened. Add the eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cheese.
- Heat the butter in a medium-sized skillet to medium temperature. Add the spinach mixture. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.