Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
This quiche tastes great with other vegetables! Try asparagus or zucchini with a bit of vegan cheese thrown in.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ½ package (16 oz.) vegan pie dough
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb. fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 lb. firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- ¼ cup soymilk
- 1½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped dill
- Press pie dough in a pie plate and cover with a piece of parchment. Fill the crust with dried beans and place in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes. Remove beans and parchment paper. Bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Increase heat of oven to 425°F.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, red bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally, for 8–10 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for 1–2 minutes, until spinach has wilted. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- Blend tofu with turmeric, soymilk, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add dill weed and tofu mixture to the spinach and stir until combined. Pour into prebaked pie crust. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes until the crust is browned and the filling is set.