Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
This quiche tastes great with other vegetables! Try asparagus or zucchini with a bit of vegan cheese thrown in.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 package (16 oz.) vegan pie dough
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb. fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 lb. firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 cup soy milk
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped dill
- Press pie dough in a pie plate and cover with a piece of parchment. Fill the crust with dried beans and place in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes. Remove beans and parchment paper. Bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Increase heat of oven to 425°F.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, red bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for 1–2 minutes, until spinach has wilted. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- Blend tofu with turmeric, soy milk, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add dill weed and tofu mixture to the spinach and stir until combined. Pour into prebaked pie crust. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the crust is browned and the filling is set.