Spinach and Mushroom Salad
The mild flavor of spinach combined with fresh mushrooms is enhanced by the ginger and soy sauce. If you have fresh ginger on hand, use it in place of the ground ginger. Its flavor is stronger and tastier.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. fresh spinach leaves, torn
- 1⁄2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground ginger
- In a large salad bowl, combine spinach, mushrooms, scallions, and sesame seeds. Lightly toss.
- Combine vinegar, oil, soy sauce, and ginger in a jar with a lid; cover tightly and shake vigorously. Pour over salad. Gently toss and serve immediately.