Spinach and Orange Salad
The dark leafy spinach and citrusy oranges make this a great winter salad.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. orange juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 small oranges
- 2 cups sliced spinach leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, orange juice, mustard, and salt.
- On a cutting board using a sharp knife, trim the ends of the oranges. Holding the orange on the board, cut from top to bottom along the contour of the oranges to remove the peel and white pith. Slice one of the oranges, crosswise into discs. With the remaining orange, cut to the right and left of the membranes to remove the orange segments.
- Toss spinach and orange pieces in a salad bowl, drizzle with the dressing, and toss to combine.