Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Balsamic
The flavor of fresh dill and fresh strawberries mingled together is quite an adventure for your taste buds! This salad spells summer and is great served for a special summer luncheon or supper. You can serve it as a side salad or an entrée.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup light olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1½ Tbsp. sugar
- 1½ tsp. minced fresh dill
- ⅛ tsp. onion powder
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. dry mustard
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Wash the spinach carefully. Remove stems and heavy veins. Tear into bite-sized pieces. Place spinach in a large bowl.
- Cut strawberries into halves or quarters. Add strawberries to the spinach.
- In a screw top jar, combine the remaining ingredients. Shake until well mixed. Chill.
- Shake dressing again and pour over spinach mixture. Toss gently.