Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Create an elegant meal by stuffing chicken breasts with garlicky spinach and topping them with Italian cheeses that will melt to a golden brown while baking.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 oz. each)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- ½ tsp. salt, divided
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 bag (8 oz.) shredded Italian 5-cheese mix
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease a medium baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Working one at a time, hold each chicken breast firmly down on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, split the breast lengthwise (without cutting all the way through) to create an opening for the spinach. Season chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the spinach, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper; cook and stir until liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Divide spinach into four equal amounts and stuff into each breast.
- Nestle stuffed chicken into prepared baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle cheese over the tops of each breast, and return to the oven. Bake, uncovered, for an additional 15 minutes, or until chicken registers 165°F and cheese is melted and golden.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.