The easiest way to make this is to buy shucked oysters and bake them in commercially available scallop shells or ramekins.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ pints shucked oysters, drained (reserve shells)
- 1½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen creamed spinach, thawed and drained
- Spray half the oyster shells with nonstick spray and place on a large baking sheet.
- Divide the oysters among the shells. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Mix the Parmesan cheese and nutmeg with the spinach and spoon over the oysters.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the oysters are very hot and the cheese topping is lightly browned.