Spinach Stuffed Shells
If you prefer to freeze this meal as a casserole, simply prepare a casserole dish for freezing and build the casserole according to the reheating instructions. Cover the casserole tightly and freeze.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 16 large pasta shells
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (28 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Boil shells for half the recommended cooking time; drain and set aside.
- Squeeze excess water out of the spinach. In a large bowl, mix together the spinach, ricotta cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Stuff the shells with the spinach mixture and freeze
- To reheat, preheat oven to 350F. Pour spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish. Arrange the defrosted shells in the pan and top with mozzarella cheese. Cook for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and stuffed shells are hot throughout.