This scrumptious pesto can be used in a myriad of ways. Stir it into cooked pasta, brown rice, quinoa, or another whole grain. Use it as a spread for sandwiches, crackers, or pizza. Or partner it with raw vegetables and hummus for a party tray. For variety, substitute fresh arugula for the baby spinach.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container, refrigerate, and use within 2 days.