Spinach with Chickpeas & Fresh Dill
This is a tangy side dish perfect with grilled seafood, or even dinner with crusty bread!
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound spinach
- 2 each lemon, juiced
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups chickpeas, canned, drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh dill, minced
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté until soft. Add chickpeas, and toss to coat in oil.
- Clean spinach and cut away thick stems. Add spinach and dill to skillet; cook until spinach is tender.
- Stir in lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.