Split Pea Soup
Hearty and thick, this soup gets its satisfying ham flavor from a ham bone. If you don’t have a ham bone, substitute
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups dried split peas
- 1 ham bone
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and diced
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Place water, split peas, and ham bone in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add carrots, celery, onion and potato and simmer for 1 hour more.
- Remove ham bone from soup and stir in salt and pepper.