Spring Asparagus and Pea Soup
Try some variety with this soup. Miso broth, lobster broth, or vegetable broth can be substituted for the shrimp broth.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bunch thin spring asparagus
- 4 cups shrimp broth
- 1 cup raw peas
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Chop the asparagus into 1-inch lengths, keeping the tips separate. Heat broth in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until just boiling, about 5 minutes. Add asparagus stems, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Return soup to saucepan.
- Add the asparagus tips and peas and cook 1 additional minute. Do not allow to boil. Pour into bowls and serve, seasoning with salt and pepper.