Spring Pea Orzo
Tender, sweet spring peas are the stars of this delicious and nutritious dish!
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16 oz.) orzo
- 1 1⁄2 cups shelled fresh sweet peas or frozen sweet peas
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Kroger® Lemon Juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook orzo according to package directions. Add fresh peas to the pot during the last 90 seconds of cooking and drain. If using frozen peas, place them in the bottom of the colander and drain hot orzo on top to heat through.
- Transfer pasta and peas to a mixing bowl, adding remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve warm, room temperature or cool.
- Refrigerate leftovers.