Use a cookie press to make pretty shapes with this soft cookie dough. The dough may be colored with food coloring if you like.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sift flour, salt, and cinnamon together.
- Blend butter and cream cheese. Beat in sugar until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Fill a cookie press or pastry bag with dough; form cookies on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Cookies should be golden on the bottoms.
- Cool completely.