We make these delicious vegan patties with nama shoyu, a raw soy sauce. You can also substitute 1 teaspoon salt or 1 tablespoon miso paste.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups sunflower seeds, soaked
- 2 Tbsp. flaxseed, ground
- 1⁄2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red or white onion
- 4 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. nama shoyu
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Using a food processor with an S blade, mix all ingredients together. Leave some texture and chunks in the mixture.
- Form the mixture into 4 to 6 burger patties and dehydrate at 110°F for 4 hours. Flip over burgers and continue to dehydrate for 2 to 4 more hours.