Sprouted Mung Bean Salad (Moong Dal Ka Salaad)
If you don’t like eating raw beans, you can either sauté them lightly or boil them in lightly salted water for about 2 minutes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 orange or red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely sliced
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger root
- 2 Kashmiri red chilies or Indian red chilies
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup sprouted mung beans (bean sprouts)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro, for garnish
- In a salad bowl, combine all the ingredients except the cilantro. Chill for 20 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.