Squash Noodle Pad Thai
Skip the noodles and opt for nutrient-rich veggie noodles instead! Pick up a spiralizer or a mandolin with a julienne blade for curly, low-carb noodles in a flash. Short on time? Use pre-cut vegetable noodles.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth™ Low-Sodium Tamari Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili garlic sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Coconut Sugar
- 7 ounces tofu, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simple Truth™ Ground Turmeric
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups spiralized carrot or butternut squash “noodles”
- 2 cups Simple Truth™ Broccoli Slaw
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- Chopped cilantro, for topping
- Fresh mint, for topping
- Mix the tamarind paste, tamari, chili garlic sauce, garlic and coconut sugar together for the sauce. Set aside. Mix the tofu, turmeric and black pepper together in a small bowl.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet and sauté the tofu until lightly browned. Add the squash noodles and broccoli slaw and cook until just tender. Stir in the bean sprouts and all but ¼ of the green onions. Stir fry for a couple minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and simmer about 3-5 minutes until veggies are just tender. Divide into 4 bowls and top with remaining ¼ cup green onion, fresh mint, cilantro and chopped peanuts.