Stabilized Whipped Cream
This whipped cream has a delicate, fluffy texture and holds its shape for up to three days.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 tsp. unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a small bowl, mix the powdered gelatin with the cold water. Let stand 10 minutes, then melt in the microwave for 10 seconds. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, or until cool to the touch.
- In a medium bowl, add the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Whip with a stand mixer or with hand mixer on medium-high speed until it starts to thicken. Slowly pour in the cooled gelatin and whip until the cream forms medium peaks.
- Use immediately, or cover with plastic and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.