Stacked Chicken Enchiladas
A satisfying Tex-Mex inspired dinner is only minutes away with these super-satisfying stacked enchiladas. You can prepare this dish two days ahead and store it in the refrigerator. Leftovers make a wonderful lunch the next day!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (10 oz.) Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, drained
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 8 oz. shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 container (16 oz.) sour cream, divided
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning, divided
- 12 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add butter to a medium skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add the chopped onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the Rotel and cook for 1 minute more, then remove the skillet from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded chicken, ¾ of the shredded cheese, half the sour cream, and 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning. Mix well, then add the onion and Rotel mixture and mix to combine.
- Spray a 9"x13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Lay three tortillas on the bottom of the pan. Spread over ⅓ of the chicken mixture. Repeat. Top each chicken tortilla with a layer of tortillas. Sprinkle the reserved cheese evenly over the top. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the reserved sour cream and taco seasoning and mix well. Garnish each serving with some of the sour cream mixture.