Blueberries, strawberries and cream are blended to create a scrumptious and delectable treat that's 100% red, white and blue.
Serves: 16Prep: 30 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup plus ½ Tbsp. Simple Truth Organic™ Granulated Sugar, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick Baking Mix
- 2⁄3 cup Simple Truth Organic™ 2% Reduced Fat Milk
- 3 tablespoons Simple Truth™ Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 pints containers fresh blueberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 3-inch, star-shaped cookie cutter
- Mix strawberries and ½ cup sugar. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix Bisquick, milk, 3 tablespoons sugar and the butter until soft dough forms. (Use more Bisquick, if needed to keep from sticking)
- Gently smooth dough into ball on surface sprinkled lightly with Bisquick mix. Knead 10 times and roll dough ¼" thick. Cut with star-shaped cutter. Place about 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir blueberries into strawberries.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the whipping cream and 2 tablespoons sugar on high speed until stiff.
- Divide half of the shortcakes on individual plates, top with berries, and then top with the other star half. Add a dollop of whipped cream on top. Serve immediately.