Steak and Cheddar Panini
If you’re stuck in a sandwich rut, try a panini with grilled steak, cheese and onions.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound Simple Truth™ Natural Angus Beef Top Sirloin, thinly sliced horizontally
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 4 tablespoons prepared horseradish sauce
- 1 French baguette, sliced horizontally and cut into 4 equal pieces
- 4 slices Vermont white cheddar cheese
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Place steak slices on skillet and sear for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Remove steak from skillet. Pour in olive oil, then add sliced onions. Season with salt and pepper. Cook onions until caramelized, 5 minutes or longer.
- Heat a Panini press or large skillet over medium high heat.
- Spread horseradish sauce on bottom half of each baguette piece. Top each with sliced sirloin steak, caramelized onions and a slice of white cheddar.
- Replace baguette tops, and heat on the Panini press or skillet until heated through. Serve immediately and enjoy!