Steak & Smashed Potatoes
Busy day? Relax with a delicious steak-and-potato dinner. It’s hearty, satisfying and, best of all, easy!
Serves: 2Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package Private Selection™ Petite Potatoes with Herbs de Provence
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup Private Selection™ Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1 pound strip steak
- Chives, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cook potatoes according to package instructions.
- On greased baking sheet, place cooked potatoes and flatten with fork. Top with melted butter and seasoning packet. Bake for 15 minutes, top with blue cheese and continue to bake for another 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, generously season steak with salt and pepper. In oiled cast-iron pan over high heat, sear steak for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to desired temperature. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice against the grain, garnish with chives and serve with potatoes.