Steak and Tomato Stacks
This recipe features juicy ribeye steak, sautéed tomatoes, fresh basil and vinegar sandwiched between slices of hearty multigrain bread.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Simple Truth Organic™ Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 4 Roma (or plum) tomatoes, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 2 Simple Truth Organic™ Grass Fed Beef Ribeye Steak
- 4 slices hearty multigrain sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Basil, chopped
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add tomatoes; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt and pepper. Remove pan from heat; cover and keep warm.
- While tomatoes cook, sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
- Place steaks on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill over direct heat until cooked to desired doneness, 8-10 minutes for medium-rare, turning once. The internal temp for medium-rare is 145°F. Cover and let stand.
- While steak stands, add bread slices to grill rack; grill 1-2 minutes on each side until toasted. Cut steak into thin slices.
- Place 1 toast slice on individual plates. Divide tomato mixture among each and layer steak over top. Drizzle each serving with vinegar and garnish with fresh basil.