Quesadillas make a quick and versatile meal. Here, flour tortillas are filled with cheese, chopped scallions, and cooked steak, but you can fill yours with your choice of cooked vegetables, cooked meat, beans, and cheese. Salsa, guacamole, and sour cream always make good quesadilla fillings.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 flour tortillas (10")
- 8 slices Colby Jack cheese
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 lb. cooked flank steak, cut into 1" strips
- 1 cup prepared fresh salsa
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place 4 tortillas on a work surface and layer each with 2 slices of cheese, a sprinkling of chopped scallions, and cooked steak. Top with the remaining tortillas.
- Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. Grease with canola oil and heat an additional minute. Cook quesadillas, pressing down with spatula and turning once, until tortillas begin to brown and cheese melts, about 4 to 7 minutes. Place each cooked quesadilla on the prepared baking sheets and keep warm in the oven.
- Cut into quarters and serve immediately with salsa.