Steak Salad with Gorgonzola and Walnuts
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1¼ lbs. beef sirloin steak (1" thick)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1 cup prepared Italian dressing with balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the broiler.
- Combine the oregano, garlic, and pepper, and press into both sides of the meat, distributing mixture evenly.
- Broil steak to desired degree of doneness. When done, season with salt and slice across the grain into strips ⅛- to ¼" thick.
- Slice the lettuce across the rib into 1" thick slices. Toss lettuce with meat, cheese, onion, and nuts. Lightly coat with dressing.