Steak Salad with Gorgonzola and Walnuts
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs. beef sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1 cup prepared Italian dressing with balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the broiler.
- Combine the oregano, garlic, and pepper, and press into both sides of the meat, distributing mixture evenly.
- Broil steak to desired degree of doneness. When done, season with salt and slice across the grain into strips 1⁄8 to 1⁄4 inch thick.
- Slice the lettuce across the rib into 1-inch slices. Toss lettuce with meat, cheese, onion, and nuts. Lightly coat with dressing.