Stir–fries are easy and fun to make. You can use any vegetable youʼd like, as long as all of the vegetables cook at about the same rate.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 lb. round steak, trimmed and cut in thin strips
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sliced ginger
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground pepper
- Sprinkle steak with vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan or wok, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Drain meat, reserving marinade. Add meat to skillet; stir-fry for 4 minutes until browned. Remove steak from saucepan.
- Add ginger to skillet; stir-fry 1 minutes. Add broccoli, mushrooms, and carrots. Stir-fry for 5 minutes. Return beef to pan.
- Add stock, cornstarch, soy sauce, and pepper to reserved marinade and stir well. Add to saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until sauce is thickened and beef and vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.