This comforting meal is quick to prepare and satisfying after a long day of classes. It’ll even taste great the next day as leftovers.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. boneless round steak
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (8 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp. water
- ½ tsp. basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup fat-free beef broth
- 3 cups hot cooked noodles
- Trim off excess fat from the steak and slice against the grain into ¼" strips. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add beef and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 4 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl combine tomato paste, water, basil, cornstarch, yogurt, and broth and mix with wire whisk until blended. Add to skillet and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve immediately over hot cooked noodles.