Steak with Basil and Sage Dry Rub
Basil and sage have double the heart-healthy effect than either one alone, making their use with meats just what the doctor ordered!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. sage
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 sirloin steaks (8 oz. each)
- At least 2 1⁄2 hours and up to 12 hours before you grill the steaks, prepare the dry rub by combining all the ingredients, except the steaks, in a small bowl.
- Coat the steaks thoroughly with the rub, wrap them in plastic, and refrigerate them until 30 minutes before grilling.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 3 minutes each side for medium-rare doneness.