Steak with Beets and Honey Ricotta
This elegant dish, which combines honey-rosemary ricotta, roasted beets and steak, is impressive enough for a special occasion, but easy enough to make for a weeknight meal.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound beets, peeled and cut into ½” cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 (16 oz.) boneless ribeye steaks
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss together beets, olive oil and salt; arrange on prepared baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes, until tender. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, honey and rosemary. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place cast iron skillet in oven; increase temperature to 450°F. When oven is heated, carefully move skillet to stovetop over medium heat.
- Using canola oil, brush both sides of steaks. Season with salt and pepper. In a skillet, sear steaks 2 minutes. Flip and top with garlic and thyme. Move skillet to oven; cook 5 minutes.
- Over low heat, place skillet back on stovetop. Using tongs, flip steak. Continue cooking 2 minutes, until desired doneness. Serve with beets and ricotta. Garnish with fresh rosemary.