Steak with Herbed Cutting Board Sauce
The herbs capture the delicious steak juices in this dish, creating a fresh, savory, and simple sauce.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 bone-in rib eye steaks (16 oz. each)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 scallion (white and green parts), chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- Bring steaks to room temperature. Season on both sides with half of the salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan until hot but not smoking. Place the steaks in the pan and cook on one side for 7 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 5 to 6 minutes for medium-rare.
- Place the cut herbs on a cutting board and toss with remaining oil, salt, and pepper. Let steak rest on the herbs for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.